Join our team as Clinical Co-Director
Full-time, San Francisco, CA
Kip is a technology startup in the mental health space. Our mission is to build a clinic that bridges the gap between what human beings need to effectively heal, and what they’re getting from the mental health industry today. You might assume that we’re building a powerful, yet user-friendly technology platform that allows you to communicate with clients and monitor their response to therapy. However, we think that you’ll be pleasantly surprised to find that we don’t see technology as the complete solution. In fact, our technology exists to support the strong, therapeutic alliances that our clinicians are empowered to build with their clients and the thoughtful interventions that our clinicians use to help their clients feel better.
At Kip, we believe that providing a better experience for clients starts with building a better workplace for clinicians – a clinic where:
- Therapists see clients based on goodness-of-fit, not by random assignment, or through the financial pressures of private practice
- Therapists are free to individualize treatment to address the unique needs of each client
- Therapists are given the tools and technology necessary to properly diagnose, treat and monitor the progress of their clients
- Therapists are free to spend their valuable time healing people, not marketing themselves, scheduling sessions, billing clients and drowning in paperwork
- Therapists are valued, respected and supported as they strive to deliver the best possible care to their clients
To turn our philosophy into action, we are developing a clinical model that puts people first.
- Kip attracts the best therapists by offering competitive salaries, benefits and equity – because we are only as good as our people
- Kip retains the best therapists by providing a work environment that combines the autonomy of private practice with the security and community of a clinical model
- Kip maximizes client progress by allowing therapists to accept clients based on goodness-of-fit and treat each client based on their needs
To deliver the best outcomes for our clients in the shortest period of time, we’ve built a technology that supports (not replaces) the therapeutic process.Through Kip’s secure and HIPAA-compliant platform, therapists can:
- Message with clients between sessions
- Set notification reminders for clients to complete homework assignments, practice mindfulness exercises, write in their mood journal and much more
- Aggregate and analyze data about how their clients are doing
- Share insights with their clients based on their personal data, like a thought pattern that might be worth exploring in session, or a positive trend in a key metric that may indicate progress toward a client’s goal
You might be a great fit at Kip if:
- You are licensed to practice as a clinical psychologist (PhD or PsyD from an accredited university) in California
- You have experience in practicing, providing supervision, and teaching psychotherapies that are proven to drive positive outcomes for clients, like CBT, ACT, DBT and MBCT
- You are excited to integrate technology into clinical practice to better diagnose, treat and track the progress of your clients
- Your dream job combines clinical work as well as taking on a co-leadership role in building and growing a thriving therapy clinic.
- You are curious and committed to continued professional growth and you value the opportunity to collaborate with other clinicians
- In coordination with your co-director, you will be providing supervision and training for licensed mental health professionals, oversee the recruitment process for new therapists, maintain a clinical caseload, facilitate workshops, and provide clinical input on product decisions.
Our commitment to you
- Collaboration. You will be part of a leadership team with regular peer consultation, support, and vacation coverage
- Flexibility. Manageable schedules, built-in time to prepare for clinical sessions and supervision, and the autonomy to do your best work
- Support. We take care of the logistics (i.e., billing, marketing, scheduling, office space) so you can spend your time doing what you love
- Opportunity. Grow as a supervisor, researcher, or clinical team leader. Enjoy learning opportunities through clinic talks, trainings and conferences
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and equity in the company (equity for full-time employees)
- Therapy benefit
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Budget allocated for growth and learning opportunities
- Generous, paid time off
Contact: Please send any questions to email@example.com.