What types of therapies are more effective?
We recommend that you look for therapists who practice evidence-based practices such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). Evidence-based practices are grounded in scientific research and backed by clinical trials.
How do you know a therapist uses evidence-based methods? Look for these types of therapy in their profiles. These are the approaches practiced by therapists on Kip:
- CBT: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- DBT: Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- MBSR: Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
- MBCT: Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy
- CFT: Compassion-Focused Therapy
- ACT: Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Solution-Focused Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Exposure Therapy
- EFT: Emotionally-Focused Couples Therapy